Develop Your Soul Goals!

Occasionally when I talk with people about goals they seem to interpret the intention of goals as being to get more things. Naturally things are important but there is so much more to goal setting that I wish to share with you.

Of course it is important to have goals for new things ...
Perhaps your dream home by the ocean ...
Maybe a nice shiny new car to get you around in style ...
or even a new iPod to listen to your Goals Magic CD's on :)

It's great to set goals for new things, but not for the things themselves, rather what they will make of you to get them.

But there is another type of goal which I want to challenge you to think about and begin to set. It's soul goals! Now I know you are wondering ... what are soul goals and how do they apply to me and my life? Great question, so come with me and discover why you will soon be applying them in your life.

Soul goals are those goals that are larger than you! They are goals that impact on other people and on the world around you. They are goals that you invest your heart and soul into without any expectation of return. Soul goals are what gives life its passion, purpose & meaning! Think of Martin Luther King Jnr ... his whole life was dedicated to the pursuit of his soul goals! In the end he gave his life for his soul goals. It takes a mighty goal and a might man to give your life to.

What about Mother Theresa? She passionately pursued her soul goals of taking care of those who were not empowered to look after themselves. Now I'm not suggesting that you will want to pursue grand goals that have a profound impact on the world around you ... rather, that you look deep inside yourself and find something that you have a passion to contribute to the world.

What is it that you feel a sense of desire to do something about? What cause can you see yourself adding value to? What community, national or global projects are calling you to them and resonating with you? All of us need soul goals that we can invest our hearts, our minds and our souls into. We all need to feel a connection with something larger than ourselves. Its inherent in our souls to want to give without expectation of return.

As you search for your soul goals now, open your mind and heart to the infinite possibilities to match your unique skills, wisdom, specialized knowledge, compassion, assets, contacts, networks, creativity, and genius to. As you read these words knowing what you know about your incredible untapped capacity you can find a way to apply it in some way for the greater good.

Seek out your soul goals! Set your soul goals! Share your soul goals! Pursue your soul goals! Grow your soul goals! Encourage others to adopt soul goals! Here is a noble thought ... for every five goals I set for me I have one soul goal to help thee! Soul goals are paying back your debt of gratitude for the good fortune you have to be able to pursue your personal or business goals.

So add a little soul into your goals!


3 comments:

  1. I have never been a goal setter...I like to be in the moment...and I have found that I live my "Soul Goals" every day...letting those passions of the soul unfold in the moment. It is then that they are the most powerful and coming from truth. I like your term Soul Goals...a different spin on "Goal Setting"...great post...very much enjoyed it...Always...

    http://ravenmyth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always trying to set my Goal sincerely with my Soul, but many times I failed in a middle path of my journey, because I am not a great person, not a great writer or a wealthy person.

    This is not only a live-story of me but like me many people are passing through this ... within their life period.
    Its may be unbelievable for some people but its true & fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed with your writing. I am following your blog. visit my humble blogEdu Articles

    ReplyDelete

I would love to here your thoughts!